Friday, September 15, 2006

Muskegon's Hometown Hero Joe Kastelic



"Muskegon, you've given me so much more than I gave you. You've given me a home, my wife, my son, my three grandchildren and you gave me tonight. Thank you." - Joe Kastelic from his induction to the Muskegon Sports Hall of Fame in 2001.

Kastelic spent 15 seasons in the International Hockey League scoring goals in bunches for the Fort Wayne Komets and Louisville Rebels and Troy Bruins. However, it was in Muskegon where Kastelic made the biggest mark. Kastelic played for both the Muskegon Zephyrs and the Muskegon Mohawks. Kastelic retired in 1968, leaving as the IHL's all-time leading goal scorer (551) and fourth in assists (583).
Originally from Kirkland Lake, Ontario, Kastelic now calls Muskegon home.
Check out the Muskegon Sports Hall of Fame

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home